Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines?

Very nice come back.  I have to agree with you on the made up charge for a 'belly crawl'  From my experiences, if you are the one that decided that the cabling has to go thru a space that requires you to belly crawl, then you really shouldn't charge people for that.  If you're so large that you need to charge for all belly crawls, then you need to meet Mr. Ab roller or something and shouldn't be in a trade that has you doing belly crawls or attic crawls.
I've had to have words with techs that charged customers out landish prices for stupid things like roof walks, or belly crawls, or attic crawls, and yes, even a charge of $500 to bury 25' of cable 3 inches in the ground, I even came across an old woman that got charged $250 for 10 feet of cable in the air, going from tree to tree...that i've had to fix during service calls.  When the people complain to me about this charge and that charge, if it's a normal charge then no big deal, but if it's outlandish like those i just mentioned, then I start tearing into some asses.  It's people like you that gives techs a shady name.  And before this starts any backlashes, I also am aware that it's the shady ass companies that treat their techs like crap and steal from them etc that give the whole buisness a bad name.
That's my 2 cents anyway.
This is CABL.com posting #282738. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblIs
Posted in reply to: Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? SATMAN/MEMPHIS 12/4/2009 7:29:48 AM