Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: tap changeout- minn

SpliceManiac Pack your Artic Gear and tie a string to your turtle head, so you don't have to piss like a girl, it gets -40 below & invest in some snowshoes
I worked there 10 or so years ago doing a Ped Stake Job(12ft orange stakes) at each underground location so when the snow blows they can find their stuff.
Gee, I wonder if they pay a digging price, I left a week before christmas and it was -12 below, also put the highest temp thermostat (190deg) in your work truck and
carry plenty of cardboard to block your radiator off ( I took my fan blade off) also consider the price of fuel, because your truck will be running all day, I have even let my truck run all night in the parking lot of the hotel with the heat going when they forecast a -40 below night and invest in a high output block heater and make sure you get a ground floor room and allot of extension cord, If you have a gas motor use plenty of HEET in your gas tank, If you have a diesel I recommend Kerosene over #1 diesel (Kerosene don't jell like #1 diesel) and last thing If you have a Bucket Truck get a Tank heater weather it be a strap on or a MPT insertion thru the hydraulic drain plug it will save your pump,pto,seals & o-ring's, other then that if it's the Ed Patak and you do Quality work you are going to get paid

Peace brother remember the String and don't eat the yellow snow
This is CABL.com posting #282479. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblEh
Posted in reply to: Re: tap changeout- minn by Lightmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: tap changeout- minn Midwest Splicing 12/5/2009 9:53:43 AM