Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Does heating the center conductor damage it in any way??

My .02 cents for what it's worth. I quit using the torch after I got a pair of Y-190's. It cleans better without heating, no residue. I've also seen guys go through a pair of blades a day because the heated center conductor melts them. Good luck.

>Thank you everyone for all your input, didn't ask anyone to be an asshole about it, just your opinion and I will take it in to consideration as I'm SURE all the other fine splicers out there will...
>
>>Do you think people make this stuff up just to slow you down? Get a grip. Go find a plant upgrading their video to 450Mhz and work on that.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I've been heating the center conductor of coax cable with a torch to help remove the dielectric since I have been doing cable. It is the way I was taught and practically everyone I have watched or spoken with has done the same. I heat and use a pair of Y-190's some people use a torch and string. I was just wondering if this damages or affects the cable in any way. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
>>>>Give CommScope or Times Fiber a call and ask their opinion! Don't do it please...if overheated, causes dielectric to seperate from center conductor and results in impedence problems. Get yourself a center conductor cleaning tool. I know we're paying you contractors enough to afford them. I know time is money, but some of these shortcuts from the past don't fly these days.
>>>
>
This is CABL.com posting #28183. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mhuJ
There are 0 replies to this message