Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: NewsBusted

Yes you are right the spending didn't happen until the depression I understand that but the Fed was a part of that. I have a big problem with the Fed. I don't believe it should exist. Why not have the Treasury in charge of our currency/economy instead of a private bank?

I can see how what is being done now with spending must be done to keep things afloat for now, not that I agree with it. That is not totally lost on me. My issue with it is at the root, of when the government put itself into the mix to begin with way before I, and presumably you, were born, and it has been left for our current and surely our future generations to deal with.  It's here now and there's no denying that.

I guess what I'm saying is I would rather go through the hard times now, and put things back on a sustainable path where we aren't burying yet another generation or 2 or 3 in debt. I'm no economist, but there has to be another way. My first fix would be to find a way back to the gold standard and stop trading debt as an asset and go from there. I know, sounds easy on paper but......

If hard times come from doing what I consider the right thing, the honest thing,(i.e. not printing money) I can accept that much easier than going through a collapse because the wrong things were done. Not that it will be any easier just more "fair" for lack of a better word, for what ever that's worth. I hope everybody I hear and read is wrong about what this current situation will turn into and the debt chart reverses itself because of what's being done but, I'm not too optimistic about that happening.

This is CABL.com posting #281481. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblob
Posted in reply to: Re: NewsBusted by Sweeptech2004
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: NewsBusted Sweeptech2004 11/25/2009 10:03:30 PM