Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long)

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement everyone. We were truly blessed to have Tripp for the many years we did. Another pup will be in our lives, I have no doubt. But it will take awhile.

My wife and I had a husky before Tripp. Wiley got out and was killed by a truck. A few weeks later, I was driving back to Chicago from doing a job in Indiana. On one of the backroads there was a sign for an animal shelter in the little one horse town. Something drew me to the shelter, and thats where I found Tripp. He had been previously adopted and returned because the mother/daughter that adopted him were scared by him. That was the death sentence. I showed up the day before it was to happen. The folks in charge asked if I had any children and said no way when I said I had a 5 year old son, but I finally convinced them otherwise. And I'm so glad I did. And Tripp never forgot where he came from and showed his gratitude every second he was with us. When my wife was pregnant with my daughter, Tripp never left her side, and stayed with her the entire time.

And that is just a small part of his story. As I said, many thanks to everyone. Your words mean alot more than you think.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #281418. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblna
Posted in reply to: Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message