Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who Wants To Be Re-Classified???

Well I left my misclassified job to work for the local offfice only to be blackballed by the second tier company, I was not fired nor labeled a bad tech in the system.  The hiring manager offered me the job with open arms and handed me to the HR department only to be told we cant hire you. No reason, the department expressed there angry at being told they couldnt hire me.  I passed the BG Check, I passed the Drg Test.  Now most of the Quote "second tier companies treat there contractors with respect and give them a chance to be contractors, then you have the ones like I contracted for, its there mission to make sure you dont work for another company other than theres, Now there have been a few who slipped under the radar and got hired, My story wasnt so lucky

For years a lot of use there always talked out in the open how were treated like employees with out benifets.  Cant take days off, be threatened  to take routes or get fired "downloaded" charged what ever they want for charge backs. Been told after working a week that the codes were changed and prices dropped.  We were trained by MSO employees, worked on jobs side by side being directed by MSO employees how to do our job.  Cant hire or have a helper with you in your truck or on a job, Cant work for anyother prime cause were working 6 days a week mandatory 7am-8pm. Not allowed to offer other services like speaker wiring, computer networking, tv hanging, anything to the customer, can only have Prime signs on our trucks. Now since our lawsuit to classify us as employees based of the facts, they are turning a blind eye to some of these, but before it was "YOUR DOWNLOADED"

Its this the norm all over guys? Or did I pick a really bad Prime to spend 8 years. 

Ive talked to the other two in my area and they seem to have a more open relationship.  They can work for other people, have helpers, etc. but mostly the same but treated alot better.

I dont think its going to be a USA thing only when a person brings suit.  Alot are popping up all over the USA for FLSA violations. 

Maybe the MSO's subs are required to have employees its not for the good, but its the right thing to do its its illegal how its going on now.  Ive lost 8 years of SS so when I get old I wont have put anything into the system. Plus I know more than half of the 500 subs at the place I contracted for file false tax returns every years.  So its a ripple effect of fraud.  Taxes not getting paid, from the second tier and tech which affects everyone. Work Mans Comp another issue.  Even though I know the Prime is required to carry WC on every worker in ther contract with the MSO they dont, people are getting hurt and killed falling off ladders every year. Treat me like an employee, but when I get hurt im a contractor, thats BS.

Employee based is my vote.

This is CABL.com posting #280772. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblcK
Posted in reply to: Who Wants To Be Re-Classified??? by rtech779
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Who Wants To Be Re-Classified??? dcommtn 11/22/2009 9:48:06 PM