Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: QC chargebacks

as a lead tech for an area for a prime i worked for part of my job was QC.  i was told by the operation manager when given the extra assignment of QC's to find failures because that is what pays my so-called "pay increase" to compensate for the extra work.... what they told me was basically either nit-pick the jobs to death or just keep QCing until you find failing jobs so they could recoop some of the payouts.  funny thing about that whole deal was that all the techs in my area were trained by me and had same work standards (which are tough and correct)  so the few failures i did find were minor infractions that were simple oversights such as 1 grommet on a GB or a missing ground tag.  BUT, when they moved other people to my area (that were trained either by the OM or the other lead techs)  then i started to see alot of failures...  they said i was "picking" on the new guys even though their work was substandard and that i was trying to "cover" my original crew which were mostly friends of mine.

QC ethics do vary from person to person and company to company is my point.  i think it should be standard across the board, but that is just my opinion and im just an honest, hard-working,  get it done right the first time type of person. 
This is CABL.com posting #280686. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblbm
Posted in reply to: Re: QC chargebacks by jimbo2
There are 0 replies to this message