Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv 99c

If you are dithering and still having the problem it could just as well be your lnb. I have had quite a few lnb's (swm3's and swm5's, also 4 ports) when you swap them out it works. There is a installation manual that tells you how to dither the dish in the dish box. If you cover a large area make sure your tilt is set right. all you need is 101. 119 will automatically peak out if you have set your tilt right. to answer your question there is no sat for your birdog for 99 and 103. Download directv swm 101 and directv swm 119, directv 101 and 119, and directv swm histogram. You have to power the swm to use them, which can easily be done with a 25-50' extension cord and your power inserter, right at the dish. Every since I have started using that method I haven't had an issue with just not enough signal. It's either way off, letting me know its the lnb or right on. You plug your birdog right onto the signal to ird on the power inserter. Also the birdog settings may not be set right to give you the raw signal. I personally like to see what the rcvr is looking for. which is a 90-100% signal. PM me if you need any assistance with setting up your birdog correctly.
This is CABL.com posting #279640. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkUu
Posted in reply to: Directv 99c by billybl35
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Directv 99c Dishdocs 11/12/2009 2:52:10 PM