Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: More Hack Crap

All that tells me is that Charter in Montgomery is not requesting of its techs to go by SCTE or NCTI-Jones standards for installation.  Thats fine for them.  I guess Charter doesn't care to do what 99% of the other major MSOs ask considering they all have openly stated that they know SCTE to be the national standard.

IMO ... it would be the equivalent of saying electricians in San Diego don't have to follow the N.E.C codes for installing residential outlets.  When you look at it that way, Charter looks bad in Montgomery.  Now ... I'm not saying that you MUST follow SCTE standards nor is there any laws.  It's just the accepted national install standard that most professionals follow.  IMO ... anything less than SCTE standards is what i consider "hack" work.

On a professional note:  Following SCTE standards (with some rare exceptions) will pass all MSO QC's.  Should a QC tech fail something, you just point it out in the SCTE standards book.  I pretty sure a QC tech is not going to fight a standard that is a "best practice" acknowledged by all the cable companys.  If they do, then they are idiots that don't deserve to be QC'ing anyones work.
This is CABL.com posting #278972. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkJI
Posted in reply to: Re: More Hack Crap by PantherFan
There are 0 replies to this message