Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville

Hell even an over payed door to door sales guy knows the difference between "sticky shit" cable and regular cable 

Sticky shit is black and goes into ground and non sticky shit can be either black or white depending on the desired use. 

Here is my take on all of it... I think it's a bunch of hog wash that we were all sold on. I remember back in 2000 I saw the satellite guys using the compression fittings and it sure looked a lot better than our "hex" crimp shit. I asked the idiot man in charge of all installations for Cox Phoenix and he told me that "those damn compression fittings that those satellite guys are using cause leakage" really??? Do they? is that why a year later we were handing in our hex crimpers? MORON... I am so sick of some guy that heard it from some other guy that was told from another guy and now I am supposed to believe that this dude knows what he is talking about.. I mean I use to crimp the rg-6 fitting on to the wire and if I wanted to pull hard enough it would come out.. You can yank all day on a compression fitting.... it isn't coming out if done properly... You guys get my point? This stuff that you say you know "for a fact" is all a bunch of crap that was sold to you and you try to sell it to someone else. Same thing with Copper Clad compared to real copper... I haven't ever seen a dish or direct install use real copper.. Not once.. 

So Cox lost their butts last 2nd quarter... It was only 1st quarter when Cox decided to change their fitting to a fitting that had a grommet already at the end. So now we needed new fittings and a new compression tool that fit the new fittings.. UMMMM i'm not CPA but I think I smell some BS... The real deal is that some rep at PPC sold Cox on the idea of how great this new fitting was. So Cox was paying .22 cents for each fitting and less than .01 for a grommet.. The new fittings cost .31 cents a piece.. OMG How dumb can one company be? I mean if it isn't broke don't fix it... I come back to Phoenix and now they are using some fitting with a very tiny rubber seal built into the inside... FIGURE THAT OUT....

Salesdawg
This is CABL.com posting #278901. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkIz
Posted in reply to: Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville by Sergiopc
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville Werfer1 11/7/2009 11:03:45 PM