Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone know cui or tucker communications??

Working for CUI right now in a Charter system. Here's the [trivial to me, anyway] list of complaints:
-First check had items deducted [pda, namely] I didn't actually have yet.
-Will deduct full insurances [workers comp AND GL] even though I have my own GL, in other words, my GL insurance is worthless, unless I also have workers comp.
-Have control over the jobs in my pda, knowing full well I can only see three at a time, yet will consistently make me drive to the opposite side of the system for a contact job, then back to the first, now opposite side for a disco I could've done while I was there two hours ago.
-Promised workload that wasn't here upon arrival, although it is increasing almost to the point of bearability.
-During this time of insufficient workload, I teamed up with another tech, and was still charged for two pda's, an rental truck that wasn't used, and:
-they charge you each check to have a tech number in the system. [I will be ranting/asking about this in another post]

PROS:
They rent me stuff you don't always see, like A TRUCK, a pda, will order a meter if I like, etc.
Loaned money for deposit on a lease
Offering work elsewhere.
Prices where I am are GREAT [sorry guys, no workload; see above]

Overall, I like working for them. Way better than some hacks I've donated to before. Most of the cons listed can be blamed on the local office, and most pros attributed to the company itself. It's been my experience that a good cableman can talk to his potential prime, and tell how they'll act. The main person you'll be dealing with will be the local person.
This is CABL.com posting #278537. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkCH
Posted in reply to: Re: Anyone know cui or tucker communications?? by SEC-cable
There is 1 reply to this message