Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where are they....?

Yea, I've always been used to the way the trade is: Somedays you got work: Some days you don't. Some of it lasts longer than others: Sometimes it's slow, and sometimes  it is fast.  My Father retired from the Marine Corp and then retired from the Boilermakers: He likened our work to theirs: Which just  a different type of work, but the lifestyles of the jobs are  similar. Sometimes you have lots of work, sometimes you have little work, sometimes the jobs are killer, sometimes they are not. Often times you are traveling.  But, he said we are getting fucked.

He told me that we could set up a Union, modeled after the Boilermakers: It can be done, with a National Hall and various locals. It wouldn't happen over night, but something like this doesn't. It would work like the Boilermakers:
Company would be management, not entitled to be union members: Company Supervisors, and Company Foreman would be exempt from that. All other members would be drawn from the various locals that support the various locality of the work and called for work out of the various locals.

There would no longer be production crap: There would be hourly rates as applicable to the various positions. If any have seen hourly rates on these price sheets they are quite fair in some instances: Out of town work would require a mandatory perdiem.
Let's do our best at this. We can do it. We have enough dawgz in various locations and it can be done. Negotions before action: Always.
This is CABL.com posting #277961. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbktp
Posted in reply to: Re: Where are they....? by WeeWah
There are 0 replies to this message