Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Degraded analog pictures

when i did contract sweep, the persons i trained either subbed under me or i got all the footage while training (a daily rate was given to the trainee by whoever asked me to train them). after the trainee was released, he would start on end of line, then le's, then trunk. several different payment arrangements would be reached, but there was always a financial advantage to training. once the trainee was completely released, i would receive a footage override (1 to 2 cents a foot) on his production and he would receive less footage price, to review books and answer questions over the phone. usually at the end of a job or if the trainee was exceptionally skilled, this over ride would go away and the trainee would be a solo sweeper fully responsible for his work.

splicing would have been similar but i really only trained my subs. like i said, there was always some sort of financial advantage.

never had to train a contract installer. it seems to me it would be hard to make it work financially. someone who has absolutely no knowledge of cable being brought up to speed enough to be trusted to go solo would need alot of time. an install wouldnt pay enough for a split and the employer/contractor would not make enough off an install to pay the trainee a daily/hourly wage for any extended period of time. everyone knows that an install done while training actually takes longer than install done solo by an experienced tech. in other words, the extra set of hands would actually decrease effiency instead of increasing. again, it seems that it would be a no win situation for the trainer or the employer/contractor.
This is CABL.com posting #277682. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkoU
Posted in reply to: Re: Degraded analog pictures by goodsky
There are 0 replies to this message