Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I need some SERIOUS advice from you guys-n-gal

I know your heart is in the right place and you just want to do what is best.  I just offer a word of caution that you think carefully before contacting DSS / Child Protective Services.  A child's life can be worse in the system than out.  I know because I lived in various foster and children's homes when I was a teen, and things are much worse now than they were in the 80's when I was there.  Unfortunately, jobs working with foster children tends to attract pedophiles and other undesirables.  If the child wasn't abused before they entered the system there is a good chance they will be in the system, in any number of ways.  In addition there are the effects of growing up living with a bunch of other children who have their own serious issues.  It may be a no-win situation.  All I'm saying is think damn hard before calling these people.
This is CABL.com posting #277522. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkmk
Posted in reply to: I need some SERIOUS advice from you guys-n-gals by islandcable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I need some SERIOUS advice from you guys-n-gal cablemn86 10/29/2009 7:42:17 AM