Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Unbelievable.....See how long this is posted..

his proposal to require veterans to carry
> private health insurance to cover the
> estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal     (Let's add up the costs of Air Force One just for example)
> government of treatment for injuries to
> military personnel received during their tours
> on active duty.

Based on that statement I take it as saying veterans are on thier own once the leave the service. Injured or not. To try and save 540 million off of the backs of war veterans is disgraceful. They earned it. I understand 540 mil is alot of money but when I look at the whole big picture it is a pittance. These men and women deserve more from we the people than we can ever give them and I will gladly pay any tax that would subsidize any such program. 

> "Look, it's an all
> volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody
> made these guys go to war..
> They had to have known and
> accepted the risks.
> Now they whine about    (whine? I truly hope that is inaccurate.)
> bearing the costs of their
> choice? It doesn't
> compute.." "I thought these
> were people who were proud
> to sacrifice for
> their country, "Obama
> continued. "I wasn't
> asking for blood, just      ( Talk about audacity)
> money. With the country
> facing the worst financial
> crisis in its history, I'd have
> thought that the patriotic
> thing to do would be to try
> to help reduce the nation's deficit. I
> guess I underestimated the
> selfishness of some of my
> fellow
>
> Americans       

If this is an accurate statement, then that covers the "classless" portion of my reply.

I can see what you're saying as being possibly taken out of context as far as whether it was aimed at wounded vets or vets who left the service unijured. But as far as I'm concerned this issue should never have been a consideration of any Commander in Chief. Injured or not these people put themselves in a position to fight and die. I'm of the opinion that all vets get a Cadillac insurance plan for life and it should be as good as what congress gets.Better than what we give them now. Our federal goverment collects enough money to pave the streets with gold and for him to even dare mention taking those benefits away is reprehensible at best in my opinion.
 I guess the good news is that it doesn't seem to be happening.
This is CABL.com posting #277060. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkeS
Posted in reply to: Re: Unbelievable.....See how long this is posted.. by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Unbelievable.....See how long this is posted.. sweatforhire 10/26/2009 1:55:54 AM