Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Poor Rush

Not sure where the post in question is so i will reply here. Earlier in the week me and toast got a little heated over a issue and in one of those post he called me predudice and i took it as he was calling me racist, I talked with him last night and we debated and what he told me he ment it as predudice against Rush not Against color and for that i will retrack my statement say his feel i am a racist because i disagree with him. I am man enough to do that if taking something the wrong way. But i still don't like the word and i don't consider myself as that but i responded as is he was talking about race, But when you look at the meaning you can see why i came to that But i take it back as he said he didn't mean it that way

A prejudice is a preconceived belief, opinion or judgment especially toward a group of people characterized by their race, social class, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or religion. Also, it means a prioribeliefs (without knowledge of the facts) and includes "any unreasonableattitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."[1] Although positive and negative prejudice both exist, when used negatively, "prejudice" implies fear and antipathy toward such a group.

• Cognitive Prejudice refers to what people believe to be true: for example, in adherence to a particular metaphysical or methodological philosophy at the expense of other philosophies which may offer a more complete theoretical explanation.
  • Affective Prejudice refers to what people like and dislike: for example, in attitudes toward members of particular classes such as race, ethnicity, national origin, or creed.
  • Conative Prejudice refers to how people are inclined tobehave. It is regarded as an attitude because people do not act ontheir feelings. An example of conative prejudice may be found inexpressions of what should be done if the opportunity presents itself.

This is CABL.com posting #276655. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbj8l
Posted in reply to: Re: Poor Rush by Toast
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Poor Rush LocoDawg 10/23/2009 9:05:35 PM