Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Independant Contractor in Florida wins againis

I can tell you this guys.. Im banned "Quote unhireable in the system I used to work in for the past 8 years" So once you go againist a shady prime, which is agreed upon by many was the right thing to do, you wont get any work or even get a job in the same area, let alone if you go try to work for a good company they wont bring you on, but rather tell you there not hiring. And to add many of newbee techs were brought in after you applied. Now I bet, in my opinion, the other primes in the area are in a way glad, but pissed aswell cause it affects them aswell.

This isnt a band wagon attempt to get even or back at the prime. Its doing whats within our legal rights and if its true were employees then the court will decide, but from day one you feel as if your an employee. Ive meet some techs that are so hard core for the prime and opt'ed in recently. So its going down to what you think is right.

Im involved in a lawsuit aswell as many others who everyday join in to fight for whats there legal rights under the FSLA. Now since I hear some other primes getting bashed on here and possible suits being brought againist them. I would like to share my dealings with a few firms, I picked the one thats already having success in this type of industry. If any of you guys want to speak with me I will be more than happy to share my findings with you. I was the 1st person to seek out legal help after my name and reputation was slandered so bad my family and friends were hearing about it. This was not from techs but from the primes senior managment. Now I know everyday you talk about people, but when it gets back full circle, you have to do something about it. What did I do so bad to desire that?  Do tell. Sure you could say cause i filed this suit or testified againist you with the county licensing board when I tried to get me license. Thats after the fact. Thats after all the shit talking to potenal employers, Quote "I was let go for a failed drug test" this was said to a company i was trying to get a job with.  Humm.... My test result which I had to turn in said PASSSSSSS. This is common practice when you dont want a tech that left to work for the compition.  Well lets say I was very pissed. 

I want to hear about how bad of a tech I was?  I dont think you could, from comments from the MSO, QC databse or techs ive worked with over the years. I was a one of your best techs and leads, and why did they let you leave.  "Quote from a MSO Manager during a interview". So others whos lives that have been affected by shady primes need to stand up and make sure this doesnt keep happening to others.  If your in it for a quick buck this isnt for you.

Most who have been following my posts know who I am "was", 8251. Thats right, I dont think ive said anything that wasnt true or been said over and over in meetings etc. over my 7 1/2 years with them.  Now others are being blammed and slandered in the same way for my actions.  Im seeing a trend of new accounts being created right after someone gets slammed on here.  So i assume more of these suits are comming.

Keep in mind not all primes operate in same manner. Certain key items must exist to show your treated as an employee, just cause your a cable guy doesnt mean your treated are an employee.

Again be careful when you bring this type of suit, your going to get let go or no work, if you try to get a job doing the same thing, your not going to get it because of the suit. If you go to another area doing the same thing, some birdie will fill the company in about you, and then your let go. So you have to have a plan of never working in this industry again, no matter how good your work was and your reputation is, your done. Now theres a Federal law againist this, buts it still happening. Not only in my case but all others who have filed these suits. Not trying to scare you, but its the hard truth. If any cable guys come by Mcdonald's ill give you a free ice cream.....

Hey Cabl Bar members

Lets take a poll, do you think this suit is right? 
This is CABL.com posting #276561. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbj6P
Posted in reply to: Re: Independant Contractor in Florida wins againis by infoguru
There is 1 reply to this message