Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I need some SERIOUS advice from you guys-n-gal

When is it OK? Anytime you see this happening.

I remember I went to an install in Chicago years and years ago in the middle of winter. 5 kids huddled together under a blanket on a mattress only in the middle of a hardwood living room floor. No heat in this place. No TV. Basic cable simple job but it still needed to be installed from scratch. I told them no TV neccessary, when they get one just screw the cable on the back. They signed off and I went to work. I was pretty ticked at the situation to that point as it was.

I plugged my hammerdrill into an outlet. Nothing. Bad outlet? Must be. Plugged into a different outledt. Nothing. Blown fuse/circuit breaker? Had to be. Asked the customer to check the fuse/circuit box and see whats up. "Oh, we don'thave electricity honey", I was told. "Well how d you expect me to drill this hole then?" I asked. "Just plug it into the hallway outlet baby", I was told. I went off on her and her boyfriend. I had already wasted 1/2 hour routing this job out and climbing 3 flights of stairs a couple of times with materials.

In a nutshell I said to get heat and electric for the kids before they even thought about calling me back out there. Bitched them out about having their priorities all fucked up. They never knew what hit them. They sure as hell weren't expecting this white boy to come into their home and bitch them out. A few weeks later I got the order to go back. Got there and things had improved 200%. Don't know how long it lasted. It was all rent a center stuff there.

I have no problem letting my feelings be known. I am not 'PC'. Being 'PC' to me means nothing more than being a pussy who is afraid of offending someone who needs to be offended/shamed into doing whats right.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #276490. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbj5G
Posted in reply to: I need some SERIOUS advice from you guys-n-gals by islandcable
There are 0 replies to this message