Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 90% Pay cut

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to subsidize huge paychecks either. But that being said, the federal government stuck its nose in and pumped all of the money into an arena it never should have. So now the taxpayers are on the hook for hundreds of billions of dollars and now the companies cant pay salaries that the industry pays to get top talent. AIG took over a hundred billion dollars and now the government says it cant pay the ceo more than 200,000 a year all said and done. Who is going to look after our 12 digit investment for 200 k a year. I dont have an issue with some restraints, but that is nuts and they have to put up with the meddling of congress the whole time. Congress cant run its own affairs and now they run half the country.

These companies should have gone through bankruptcy and emerged or closed. Now they are propped up with our own money and hamstrung to obtain or retain top managers who are responsible to return them to profitability to repay the money they owe us. Its like getting a million dollar mortgage from a bank and the bank saying you have to at McD's for minimum wage.
This is CABL.com posting #276424. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbj4C
Posted in reply to: Re: 90% Pay cut by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: 90% Pay cut sab3r 10/23/2009 1:19:08 AM
Re: 90% Pay cut drifterdawg 10/22/2009 9:53:11 PM