Create your free account now! Sign up

Union

I have been installing off and on since right after the Primestar conversion. I have tried several times to get out but came back everytime. Since 2004 I have not left again, but lately I have been looking for every way possible to get out. There are a whole lot of things going on in my mind that I cant figure out, like when did this industry really start to go south?? When did techs begin to believe that what was being done to them was right?? The answer to that question is never.... We would just get pissed off and go on to the next company, well somewhere along the way I stopped doing what I knew was the proper way to do an install and the reson why is because my mentallity was, if im only gonna get screwed why spend the extra time and work for nothing? I will agree that hacks had alot to do with the downfall of our industry, but so did the good techs because we just...let it keep happening. Well I say lets all stand up and say, enough is enough. I have kicked around every single possibility in my head, and the only thing myself and quite a few local techs can come up with is to go union. The only obstacle in our way or, most of us, is they classify us as 1099 contractors. But are we really??? The answer is simple...NO WAY NO HOW. I have been speaking with a local union organizer who is more than willing to hit this head on if and only if we are willing to stand together and some how get re-classified as W-2 employees. To go union would mean absolutely no more chargebacks, better pay, better treatment, benefits, and absolutely no more chargebacks, no more " We are sorry but checks didnt come in today" or " We changed the pay period or pay date". I personally am sick and tired of these lines. Who stands by and accepts chargebacks from the current company for work done by a different company, this is really getting pathetic. And who gets charged back the entire job for a failed QC PLUS a $25.00 administration fee???? And to top it off, they cant provide pictures of the reason for the fail and they do not fix them or give you a chance to fix them? Then deduct General Liability Insurance from your check but tell you that you are only covered if you BURN the customers house down??????? I mean come on this is getting really really stupid, and im ready to do something about it. The question is, who else is pissed and tired enough of getting screwed out of money that is without a doubt earned by you???
This is CABL.com posting #275744. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjTE
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Union RodDoherty 5/29/2010 3:41:48 PM
Re: Union cbldawg 1/27/2010 11:47:56 PM
Re: Union cabsatman 1/9/2010 10:09:16 PM
Re: Union cabsatman 1/9/2010 10:07:28 PM