Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feels good to sit...!

Hey hook, you need to get a hot tub. It does wonders on the old body, best money I ever spent, well almost, but that's another story. Get a couple of PBR's and some tomato juice and just soak. As for hooking pole for pole with the young bucks, you gotta have an edge. Two weeks back I went pole for pole with my young buck. 23,000 feet fiber on bare strand, framed at 30' to 35'. thats what the power co wanted. Cross country no truck access, too many draws between poles to use atv, totally manual labor. Anyway before we started I took a gander at the print, did some quick math and a pole count, he did pretty damn good. But he had to load the lasher 8 times that day, I loaded it once, almost twice, but I slowed down when I saw that I was going to be reloading on my next pole, and let him jump me. Boy was he happy as flies on a fresh turd, that he jumped me, until he climbed up and seen that he had to reload. As I was walking to my next pole, during one of his reloads, he asked me, how come he always got stuck reloading, I said, I guess thats just the way it worked out, lmfao, kept on walking. Same thing the next day. Boy, he gave me a run for my money, I needed those breaks while he was reloading. As that old cherokee chief said, in the outlaw joesy wells, you got to have an edge.
This is CABL.com posting #275674. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjSw
Posted in reply to: Feels good to sit...! by hookman 81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Feels good to sit...! hookman 81 10/17/2009 2:15:36 PM