Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Poor Rush

I don't see this as a racist statement against McNabb....it is saying the liberal press is racist.

A few weeks into this moonlighting job, Limbaugh chose to "challenge" the established wisdom that the Philadelphia Eagles' Donovan McNabb is a good quarterback. Now, fans in Philly have been booing McNabb since the moment the team drafted him, and he was off to a rocky start in 2003, but it was when Limbaugh explained why he believed McNabb was overrated that he got in trouble. The beat reporters covering the NFL wouldn't criticize McNabb, he maintained, because they wanted a black quarterback to succeed. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL," Limbaugh said. "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

As far as Sharpton, well this sounds pretty racist to me and not about the press. Now I am not getting into a pissing match but just showing 2 points and conversations about these 2 guys. Both show potentially bad things they have said.

LAST WEEK, the Democratic candidates forced Howard Dean to furl the Confederate flag. Now perhaps they'll take on the real race-baiter in their midst: Al Sharpton.

Whatever sins Dean may have committed in his 54 years, he has a long way to go before he can touch Sharpton's repulsive history of racial demagoguery. For instance, did Dean ever go out of his way to share a stage with the likes of Khalid Muhammad -- a gay-bashing, Jew-hating, anti-Catholic racist -- or praise him as "an articulate and courageous brother?" Of course not. But Sharpton did.

Nor did Dean -- or any other candidate -- ever go on the radio to demand that a "white interloper" -- the owner of a Harlem clothing store -- be forced out of business, or whip up a racial protest that ended with seven people dead in a horrific arson attack. But Sharpton did.

This is CABL.com posting #275489. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjPx
Posted in reply to: Re: Poor Rush by thetyrone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Poor Rush sdelnay 10/15/2009 11:41:16 PM
Re: Poor Rush thetyrone 10/15/2009 11:01:22 PM