Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Poor Rush

This is what he supposedly said. But he says he didn't. Now if he did it will be on record as all he says is recorded. If he didn't then some one can get into big trouble for slander. This isn't the whole article. I have posted the link if you wish to read the whole thing.

"Slavery built the South," Limbaugh was reported to have said. "I'm not saying we should bring it back. I'm just saying it had its merit. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

That purported statement, according to Post-Dispatch columnist Bryan Burwell, came from a 2006 book, "101 People Who Are Really Screwing America," by John Huberman, which does not provide specific details regarding the quote.

Limbaugh has repeatedly denied making the statement. On his radio show on Wednesday, he said, "They continue to spread the false, fabricated quotes and lies, and people continue to comment on them. So I'm faced with the dilemma, what do I do with this?"

One of the things he can do is pick up the ball and run straight to court. Lis Wiehl, a former federal prosecutor and Fox News legal analyst, said Limbaugh has grounds for a libel suit if he can prove he never uttered those words.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,566983,00.html?test=faces
This is CABL.com posting #275394. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjN0
Posted in reply to: Poor Rush by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Poor Rush FUNNYFARM 10/15/2009 8:32:11 PM