Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I witnessed it first hand

Heck, free is free.  Who wants to do free work?   Now we have to run FREE wallfishes and FREE phone lines?  Not me.  Call an electrician an see how many free lines he runs for you.   Anyone who runs free lines is an idiot.  I say the guy was smart to refuse to do free service.

If the guy went to cable, then he paid $75 for any fishes he had done, and it was done by a contractor who was covered by his company's insurance. 

Cable companies charge $75 for a wall fish.  They give you $13 of it.  You supply all the labor and tools.    They make $62 for allowing you the honor of doing the labor for them.  Nice.  Again, how much does an electrician charge?  The answer is $100 per line. 

Make a deal with an electrician friend of yours.  Get him to do the work, he'll gladly spot you $13 for the referral, and you won't have to jack with it.  Dish companies should be sued for theft of service for thousands of man hours that idiots give them for "free".  I hate wrapping a house, too, but you there are many alternatives to make the job easier, such as crossing the attic, or going through a basement, if your area has basements...

I used to make $2000+ per week doing installs and custom work.  Now, doing the same work, i'd be lucky to clear $1000.  I won't tell you what I do now, or you'd be applying there next week.   Forget about it.

Stand up and fight installers.  Best wishes......
Work Hard Play Hard Get Paid
This is CABL.com posting #274932. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjGy
Posted in reply to: Re: I witnessed it first hand by Gwester843
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I witnessed it first hand Oklahoma Cable 10/14/2009 4:29:49 PM