Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: gaffs

Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree then. I guess you never worked the mountain regions because you sure as shit aren't going to carry a ladder in those mountain easements. I can swing a ladder better than anyone I have seen to date but that doesn't mean that hooks are outdated. There are places hooking is the only way to get the job done, and done right at that.

Cry me a river about your knees. Hell, I just had knee surgery (unrelated) a month ago yeaterday. No. Scratch that. Actually it IS related. Well at least what your talking about using a ladder. It happened when I stepped down off a ladder. Funny thing. NEVER had an issue climbing past some bloody shins that some kotex took care of after climbing 40-60 poles a day doing wreck out.

That 80 year old lineman may have had his false teeth fall out, but he didn't follow. Sounds like he was a real lineman that knew how to get the job done. Just because a ladder might be easier, it is not neccessarily the right way.

P.S. Unrelated to this thread, but thanks for the note on my dog thread. Your ankle biter looks like he could be a real little shit! Cute fellow.
Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #274908. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjGa
Posted in reply to: Re: gaffs by sweatforhire
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: gaffs hookman 81 10/13/2009 12:43:12 AM