Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long)

My goodness! I sincerely appreciate and thank each and every one who has responded with their stories and words of encouragement. It helps me more than you'll ever know. It shows that there is hope yet for this nation with people like those who have responded with the compassion, love and understanding displayed in this thread, both for the animals and their fellow human being.

Well, we haven't put him down, at least as of today. In most regards he has improved to the point that we have strong hope for him. He has shown improvement everywhere except eating. Since this has happened, we have only been able to get him to eat a little bit of a hot dog, a couple peanut butter crackers, and a slice or 2 of salami. His water intake is minimal, but more regular than anything else. The big problem now is the eating. Water can only sustain him for so long. Tho he is urinating outside, he hasn't defecated since the morning after the stroke, but hell, he hasn't eaten anything solid.

So my wife and I re-evaluated and decided to take it day by day. But I won't let him starve. Any suggestions?

EDIT - Hamburger Helper seems to be the key, at least this time around. He ate a little bit and drank a little water. After we eat dinner we will give him more if he'll have it. Don't want to overdue it right off the bat.
Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #274770. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjDW
Posted in reply to: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) by Splicer Life 4me
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) superlinedog 10/12/2009 11:20:21 PM
Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) Lightmaster 10/12/2009 11:01:42 PM
Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) Polehiker 10/12/2009 8:06:07 PM
Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) Gwester843 10/12/2009 6:01:34 PM