Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long)

Splicer I feel ya. You already know what is right and it will be difficult to do. I know this because I had a golden retriever that was 11 but she wasn't old. We also have a younger one that looked older than she did. She still was so alert and jumped up whenever we called. Always ready to play or go outside with us. She could almost read your mind. Anyway, we took her to the vet to get a urinary problem checked out. I knew it was just a bladder infection and it would be cleared up soon. Not so. It was a tumor. An inoperable one. The vet has been the same for 20 years and knew how we loved her. I was trying anything but he said the best he could do was a couple more weeks and that meant taking her in to have her urine removed by syringe. I cried like a baby. I don't think my kids ever saw me cry....not like that. And I couldn't believe it affected me so.

I don't envy you at all. I am filled with sympathy for you. So allow me to pass on something someone passed on to me. When it happens you can read this or before if you wish. Good luck and please accept my condolences.
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
This is CABL.com posting #274515. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjzP
Posted in reply to: The saddest day for this old dawgs dog. (Long) by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message