Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: knight

LOL. Nobody was fired. We left for our specific reasons. I'm not in the industry anymore. I'm not going to stay on here forever and bag on a company that I don't even work for. I do check in once in a while. I never had a problem with a lot of the decisions at knight. I had a problem with the 1 guy in pasco that was enforcing them and how he went about it. In all my posts, my main point was that if you treat your techs with the slightest bit of respect, the will work hard for you....even in the tough times. When you tell every tech that so much as disagrees with something you said, that they are morons, replacable, dumb and many other things......the resentment starts. when that happens the quality drops. Even $$$ won't get that quality back up there if people know that they are gonna be shit on whether they score a 100 or 0.

That was always my point.

I've seen a manager implement 20% pay cuts to all hourly employees and almost nobody quit or even really bitched. Its because the manager honestly explained the situation, voluntarily gave up 20% of his pay and made sure that everyone knew that it was not their fault, that he was very happy with them and that he would get their pay back to 100% before his own if he had to. People respected this guy. Women that were only making $11.00/hr were knocked down to $8.80 and still worked hard.

There is 1 manager in pasco that is kind of like that. Every guy there would work until midnight if he asked. If we had a problem, he was fair. He would look at the situation objectivly. If it was BH's fault, he would tell them and make sure that you weren't punished. If it turned out to be your fault, he would tell you so......and explain why. If you need a reasonable favor, he did it. Had a problem with your lead, he would make sure that it was squashed and your route didnt get fucked with. THATS THE WAY ITS DONE! Its too friggin bad that he didn't get bumped into the top spot but at knight its about who you know......not about whether or not you can read....haha I think eventually he will get there. Seriously how long can it possibly take to realize that the guy in there now is nothing more than a tech on a power trip who learned how to mimic BH's key terms like, "proactive, leadership, efficiency, teamwork etc

To the guys that said were are unemployed:

Nope. One of the guys works for SAT. I saw his pay stub. He makes more than any pasco tech right now....unless of course you live next door to your lead and never stand up for yourself when you know you are right. Whats a little pride anyway. Why would you let another man treat you like a worthless piece of trash. Does it make you feel better when you bash the guys that actually have some integrity and refushed to put up with that bafoon? How do you like being forced to work countless hours of overtime, pull routes on Sundays, be told when you have to come in and when you can leave the area? I laugh at the guy that says he only works 8 hours. You are pretty much bragging that there is not enough work. BTW 7:30 am is the latest u can get to the shop. 7:30am-8:00pm is the shortest possible day if you have a 6-8(yeah I know its not if you early access it). Thats a 12.5 hour day from where I sit. I know many guys there. All of them are excited to break 2K. Thats 1K a week. Not bad right? hahaha Avereage 60 hours ( and we all know thats on the low end). That $16.66/hr. Insurance, gas, extreme wear on truck and who knows what chargeback your gonna get hit with. Most guys are paying out at least $200/wk if you really figure out your expenses. Works out to $13.33/hr. WOW thats awesome! I made that when I was 17. It is what it is. I know that eventually they will pick back up and you guys will bank again. What bothers me is that clown forcing leads to pretend that everyone's doing better than ever and threatening to fire anyone that questions him.
If you're happy, great.  I hope everyone is.  I dont want to argue with cable techs.

I'm sure everyone will post arguing with my math. Don't waste your time. I dont care. I know full well that those #'s are actually generous. Many of those techs are bringing home less than $1,000 ever TWO weeks.

As for me:

I've been working from home, doing various consulting or contract work for companies that I used to use as vendors at a previous job. I promise im not starving. I have never been broke in my life and I will never let that happen. I'm making about what I made at my peak at Knight (just before the industry sh*it the bed I was @ approx 3K +/- cpl hundred.....without any of the expenses). I'll gladly post pics of my 3br/3bt/2car garage home. I do rent it but I'm sure my rent is more than your mortgage on your trailer. How about pics of my truck, wifes car and the 08 12K motorcycle? My computer and internet that I cant afford? Would you like to see my HP 800GIG HD, 4 Gigs of RAM, badass video card and the $2,000 32" Sony flat screen that its attached to? My eyes hurt as I type this from staring at this HUGE monitor so long. Its clearly attached to the internet. Eventually I will be a very wealthy guy. Why? Because I am smart enough to know when to get in and when to get out. Stay on top of all things current. I know a little bit about enough things to garauntee myself a paycheck. One day I will need to get a job with benifits, when the family gets going. Until then, I'll keep spending my days at home, making more than all of you.

I wasn't about to believe someone (who I honestly believe doesn't really know how to read) when he told us that thing will pick up soon. Or that the new pay codes will actually pay more on 80% of the jobs (or something like that).
The codes actually weren't as bad as I had originally thought but certainly not as good as we were promised. I'm not going to get into bashing knight. Like I said, it's just that 1 scumbag that I would like to see gone. I can see why he gets so upset when people bitch. I'd guess that it probably took all about 30 seconds to convince him that they were better. He's clueless. Remember when they came out. He took each area aside and tried to explain them. haha Everything went smooth as long as you didnt confuse him with something inappropriate like a valid question.

As for you DCOMM:

You are clearly either someone in management who is trying to stop the bleeding or a lead who just doesn't know any better.  You can be a tech.  No tech would come here and post like you.  90% of your posts were spoon fed to you by a boss.  If you are, would you like to come work for me?  I promise that you will be happy beyond your wildest dreams.  I will make you rich rich rich.  You will be the top desire of every hot girl around.  All you need to do is invest $2,000.  Please do your thing and repeat that to everyone you see.  It has to be true cuz it's typed out on a website.  Feel free to copy this on your posts.  I'll even give you $1,000,000 for everyone you get to sign up.  Knight doesn't give a damn about you, regardless of what u tell yourself.  I'm sure your're an ok guy but dude you gotta wake up.  You said that cable industry needs to catch up.  They are going backwards here.  Certs that have nothing to do with a techs daily duty??  How is that doing anything but begging BH not to can them.....and actually charging techs for them wtf??  BTW, someone said statewide.  How come none of the comcast guys have heard about it?

Catch up?  The rest of US stop using DC's and dedicating lines years ago.  Most places dont even check levels on equip.  Why do we have to do it?  cuz they dont pay us by the hour.  Those things cause issues so rarley that they cant justify the cost and paying an hourly guy to do it.  It would cost them way more than it does to just send the occasional service tech when needed.  U just dont get it.  Contractors have to do it cuz its not a cost issue with us.  They don't care how long it takes because they aren't paying for our time.  If you paid someone $1000 to paint your car, you would want every little silly thing perfect.  It wouldnt matter if it didnt affect the appearance or function you just want it perfect because you are not paying hourly.  If you were paying hourly, you would skip the things that had 0 effect of the car.  Why pay for it if it doesnt need to be done, right?  These "issues" that they sold you on are not actually issues at all.  It's just a combo of BH BS and Knight doing every last thing they can to not get fired.  What they still don't get is that its soooo much simpler than they think.  Treat your guys with respect and 90% of them will do good work.  The quality will go up and BH will back off.  DCOMM, don't take what you are told so seriously.  BH needs to save money.  Their top guys figure out way to do it.  They try to offset their profit loss by paying contractors less.  They get away with it by making up some BH reason why these little things are now super important and require $100 charges.  Knight knows its BS but they arent gonna pay it so they too pretend they are important and blame you.  There is no catching up.  Theres just piss poor managers forcing piss poor policies into action and going about it in the worst way imaginable.  Anyone can install cable and you can see every day.

The crybabies are still there u meatheads.  The once that took a stand, left and are suceeding are not the crybabies.  The guys that keep their head down cuz they are terrified of being fired by some pizza faced moron, they are the crybabies.
This is CABL.com posting #274241. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjvp
Posted in reply to: Re: knight by dcommtn
There are 0 replies to this message