Create your free account now! Sign up

Anyone Know About Northstar Cable Construction In

Wondering if anyone has heard about the way they pay there techs.  If ur considered an "employee" are you suppose to be paid for using your vehicle?  Are you suppose to be charged for using a mandatory meter?  Im also suppose to be getting paid $8 dollars an hour, which they only add the hours that we are logged into a job on Technet. I dont understand this company at all.  The labor board is on top of them due to an ex-employee's filing of a suit.  Can someone explain this payscale?;Heres an example:

If my production was $500 and my hours added up to 30 making that $240 and my mileage came up to 100 miles at .55 cents making that $55.  They subtract the lesser of the miles and hourly from production making it $445.  Then the $445 is considered "production bonus" and the mileage is added back to $445 making it $500 again and thats suppose to be right??? What freakin sense does this make???  Meter are $30 dollars a week plus a $50 retainer up to $500.  Can someone please help me out???  I want to leave but people who quit this company they get blackballed from comcast.
This is CABL.com posting #274068. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjsC
There is 1 reply to this message