Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: full time rv

I am a coax splicer and travel full time with a 32 ft travel trailer with my wife. We LOVE it! We live like tourists. Everywhere we go we explore the best the area has to offer on my down time and weekends. My trailer cost $12,500 and is a very nice coach. We save a lot of money not staying in hotels, plus our home on the road is always with us. Big screen HD TV, PS 3, kick ass sound system in and out, BBQ and campfires in the evening, horseshoes and hot tubs at the upperclass RV parks. Last weekend I partied with Gene Simmons of Kiss after he pulled up in  his tour bus a few sites down. I have been lucky enough to find work on the coast of Florida in the winter ( in shorts in November! ) and then went north for the hot part of the summer.
It is all about what you make of it. At first the wife was not real sure of it and it is a lot of work for her with changing PO boxes constantly and forwarding our mail from home, finding decent RV parks, finding the next gig and just not knowing where we will be a couple months from now. But it has got a lot easier with practice and we have learned to take the best from each place we go. I made a $100k last year doing this and had the absolute best time of my life. I consider it "living like a rock star!" LOL. It is what you are capable of making of it. I am succeeding when others are getting out, so not everyones experiences will be yours. Just gotta have the right attitude and a ton of ambition. Good luck!
By the way, I am looking for work preferably in Florida , but anywhere south will do, for after the first of the year. Any help finding the next great project will be much appreciated! Keep your hooks sharp brothers... later.
This is CABL.com posting #273906. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjp0
Posted in reply to: full time rv by tvland
There are 0 replies to this message