Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: full time rv

I'm sure I'll be drowned out by the masses who scream "NO", but I lived on the road with my wife for nearly 3 years (before kids) and I wouldn't trade that time for anything. You have to be adventurous, not expect to make any money, but you have to take advantage of every opportunity to enjoy where you are every chance you get. That means not working weekends and exploring the local experiences. I worked with a crew on a Sprint longlines fiber backbone between Billings and Bozeman and I couldn't drag those guys to Yellowstone if I'd offered a hooker as a tour guide. What a waste! However, my wife and I checked out everything from "nightlife" in Tijuana to the JFK museum in Boston off jobsites, and it was a blast. Even more poignant is the fact that she unexpectedly died at 52 several years later, andd those memories are beyond precious today.

So, if you can do it without expecting to make money and are willing to forego cleanliness for a spell and have an above-average relationship with your wife, do it. Just remember that a motel stay once every 10 days or so is a must, and can be an adventure, too. Good luck!
This is CABL.com posting #273671. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjmd
Posted in reply to: full time rv by tvland
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: full time rv EshoreJoe 10/5/2009 10:53:40 PM