Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Internet Issue

i agree, overloaded blade or high network traffic. without a meter it would be hard to trouble shoot the rf. hopefully downstream is a 256 qam and upstream is 16 qam. mer 32 or greater on the first, 28 or greater on second. a 256 qam delivers about 43 Mb per channel, so 86 for 2 channesl etc. if your node has 100 people on at once with 2 6mhz 256 qam download channels, then you can not realistically expect more than 1 Mb/s. if you have some power users in you area, 250k would be sad but realistic. hopefully your provider puts you at about 250 users max per segment.

try outside speed checks..speedtest.net or such actual download speeds...ping, trace route for response time (for gamers)

noise/cpd, hum etc will kill you fast but only their top techs will be able to isolate and clear these.  i would definitely check your own pc first. if the laptop is pulling the same speeds as your own then i would talk to your neighbor. since they are offering a credit i would assume they have low man power for maintenance or know their design will not support higher downloads due to congestion.
This is CABL.com posting #271900. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiTE
Posted in reply to: Re: Internet Issue by 1FARMER
There are 0 replies to this message