Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Has anyone switched to sales?

man you must be pretty desperate.  I tried sales and it just wasn't for me.  I would turn sales in and they would get rejected for either bad credit, owes the cable company money, or the customer would change their mind.  For every 5 sales I would turn in, one would get put in the ground.  I averaged about 600 a week and spent alot of gas.  You catch some people home during the 8-5 but most weren't there until after 5.  So I would work the area til about 7:30.  I tried flyers and everything.  Most people just don't like the cable companys.  Plus you have to make sales or no paycheck, where if your an installer you get a route.  NOthing else if its slow you don't get any jobs and you just go home.  Your not driving around talking to people for free.  It seems like more lower and middle class people went with cable, while the upper class was with DirecTV cause the improved quality of their High Def. 

Now, I'm not much of a salesman either.  Their are guys out their who could easily outsell me.  I was just a tech who was out of work and trying to make a living.  So, good luck.
This is CABL.com posting #271840. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiSG
Posted in reply to: Has anyone switched to sales? by primebusiness
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Has anyone switched to sales? primebusiness 9/22/2009 8:45:00 PM