Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Return system question

thats a lot of cumulative noise but not unexpected for any node over 4 deep with 800 active subs.  i figure you're not running vod in the 8 to 13 mhz area. 

the noise canceling taps that i've seen are nice. they turn the noise 90 degrees in phase and cancel each other out (from each port) as I understand it. might be a bit steep on cost.

since you're not running vod, your best bet is highpass (5 -40) all your eol taps that are video only. this has the potential to drop your noise floor significantly. while you're hitting all these taps (lets say 10% of plant) check each drop including the internet customers, make sure no part of the noise floor is greater than -30 db on 11 taps and up and no higher than -40 on a 8 or 4 tap. I would also check all drops at each amp as you are re-aligning the reverse and tighten your housing to housing...you're going to be there anyway and this little extra effort saves alot of tracking later.

something i wasnt sure about though. are you hitting each chip with 15db despite internal amp loss or are you injecting 15 regardless of internal loss and hitting the chip with whatever is left? of course, if all modules are the same then the question is moot.

you can beat that noise down if you have time and are willing to foot the bill on filters and drop swaps. hopefully all those extreme temperature changes hasnt put radial cracks from one end of your plant to the other
This is CABL.com posting #271742. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiQ6
Posted in reply to: Re: Return system question by Joe50
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Return system question Joe50 9/22/2009 11:27:28 AM