Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is DTV going 100% SWM on OCT 15, 09?

I believe it is just the KA/KU and triple sat.... I'm just trying to figure out how much rg-6 I have used wiring these things...That's gonna save me a ton of money on material...The systems I install are all drop shipped to the cust.. I haven't seen a steady stream of SWM systems on anything as of yet..The only time I seem to get a SWM system sent to me is if it's over 4 tuners...The distributors send out some of the oldest stuff sitting in the corners of the wharehouse..All of my dishes are bent to no end and if all of the bolts are there, I start doing cartwheels..I always get the damned powered 8 ways for all standard systems over 4 tuners..I just toss those damn things in the trash...DTV may be going all SWM on Oct. 19 but I doubt I see it. I was told lst year starting in August that fulfillment installers should have all SWM eq on HD systems...Shit all of the paperwork from that certain retailer says , in bold print, DO NOT CALL FOR SWM EQ UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO COMPLETE INSTALL............Oh o.k. lets make two trips to get this person in...I always have enoug SWM eq on my truck to get the necessary jobs put in while I am there...I like the stuff , but I only use SWM if I cannot get that second line to a DVR, and only then...If they sent it with every HDDVR then I would ultilize it but, they do not so I am very picky when using any of my SWM stuff. Doesn't that sound funny...I am doing someone else's install and furnishing the shit to get them in...I need my head examined sometimes...
This is CABL.com posting #270844. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiCC
Posted in reply to: Re: Is DTV going 100% SWM on OCT 15, 09? by Oklahoma Cable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Is DTV going 100% SWM on OCT 15, 09? Denverd 9/18/2009 7:25:04 PM