Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Man sues RCN for ‘abuse’ of contract workers

After doing some research you should look at the SS-8 form from the IRS.  It would be a death sent for any contractor to fill out and mail in to start the IRS Audit.  Once its mailed it takes 15-30 Days for a IRS invest. I read the questions and have been at times called a supervisor even have pay sheets that say it in the comments.  I kept every paysheet for the past 7 years.  After doing a little more reading, Almost all the questions would lead you to I was treated as an employee. Case studies, case law ive read a bunch.  Keep in mind this would classifiy everyone in this region as an employee.  Would you go for overtime, medical?  I was involvded in a Labor issue with a past employor that had us work 6 days a week and paid a fixed sal, well the labor board found out we got a average overtime check from the company for the past 3 years, now we gave it back, in fear of our jobs. Now know one has filled because around here there has always been a tight bunch of techs and managment. Lately things have been on the rocks around here, everywhere for the matter.  We gonna see more of this, Ive got a feeling.

Now I know the company I sub-ed for changed the term from supervise to lead because they settled out of court for a tech who was hurt or was flung of a ladder and died.  Id have to ask around.  But it was a major shift.  Same day to day operations, but we under no circumstances were to reffer to ourselfs as supervisors ony as "leads".  But after all this the company still printed "Supervisor Pay" and had Sheets listing us me and others "supervisors".  Funny huh. Always say  your free to do what you want, but you wont be working here anymore. Wheres your uniform, Id badge, Your Late, We have a meeting, Training today, etc. 

This is CABL.com posting #270465. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiwv
Posted in reply to: Re: Man sues RCN for ‘abuse’ of contract workers by superchop7
There is 1 reply to this message