Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Rangel Rule

Ty, yes there are still honest people out there in the real world. There are even some actually in congress. Problem is they are way way in the minority.

With that said, I am strongly for voting out everyone of the current crowd, dem or rep, and starting over. Term limits need to be installed ASAP. Any position of power at any level was never intended to be a lifetime job. It is a honor and privillege to hold such office, something that is lost on most of them today. We own this country lock stock and barrel, not them them. Things they are doing today are the very reasons we revolted in 1776. If we need to turn over every seat every two years so be it. What do we have to lose at this point?

I would be much more tolerant of a new elected official than what we have now. There is a learning curve in any job. But what I really want is honesty. No lawyer speak with the big smile for the camera and then go into the back room and make a deal. Sometimes they will vote in a way that you disagree with, but as long as they have a well thought out rational, other than the party leader told me too, and they can show that the people in their district asked for that action, I am OK with it. It is when you hear things like "I don't care what public opinion is, I am votin how I want to" when I have issues. Lastly, I want every law proposed to have where the authority for it to exist comes from. Ie federal laws should state what part of the Constitution specifically allows it. I don't want to hear the "living document" crap. Word matter.

People need to stop being lazy also. You need to stay home from the mall once in a while and turn off the tube and research candidates before elections. Better yet go see them and look into their eyes, hard to be lied to when you are eyeball to eyeball. Don't worry about what the press says either. Look for what they have done and not done. And most importantly now, stop worrying about party.Neither one of the 2 majors are a freind of any of us. 3rd party is not a curse phrase.

People also need to look to become much more involved. Run for local office or seek appointment to local boards such as zoning or planning commission. Do not be afraid to do what you ask other to. Also go to the meetings of the township supervisor or town hall meetings with congressmen. Make them account to you as you are their employer.
This is CABL.com posting #270270. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbitm
Posted in reply to: Re: The Rangel Rule by thetyrone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The Rangel Rule thetyrone 9/14/2009 12:35:08 AM
Re: The Rangel Rule sab3r 9/14/2009 12:15:14 AM