Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Background Checks for Subs, Employees and Owne

Thats a good question.  I would like to know who if any of your contractor employee friends were let go because of this new rule.  None I bet.  We all got grandfathered and the MSO does not do the background checks the Prime lets the Sub his own drug test.  I see an issue with this.

Since every Sub, Supervisor, Dispatcher has access to personal information of customers information such as, SSN, DL private information.  There is access to MSO's databse, work orders, copies of work orders that dont need to be accounted for. I would expect a little more to protect there customers.

How can the public trust any Sub-contractor that visits his home or business, most if not all would like to know there are measures in place, checks and balances per say. There are none. I have never worked for anyother Prime so I dont know if this is how everyone works. 

You take every other industry that provides installation services, A/C, Eletrical, Etc.  They mostly follow the same rules, No Felons, even being charged most of the times wont land you the job. They want to project a safe and clean work crew.  Not the case in cable.

IE: Feleony Theft, Battery, Sexual and Drugs

Would you want any of these people in your home? After finding out I had a child molestor working in my area I flipped out.  Well his tech number was quickly reassigned and most of his name was erased from the books. Imagaine the PR nightmare this would have brought. 

Heres the link

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=2490

They found out in 4/1/2005 after hed been subing for a year or so.  Im posting this open the eyes of everyone. The Prime let this guy in hundreds of homes most with children I bet. 

Background Checks:

The Prime pulls the background, for the 1st time in most cases.  Up until a few years ago you werent able to log onto your local Police website and check people out.

In the past its been as long as you got a ladder and tools you have a sub-contract job.  Since the Prime pulls it, they then report it back MSO.  This leaves room for error and omissions.  Lets say you have someone you really want and bascily you smugg a few things out here and there. Its out there and I bet its happening all over the united states.  If the MSO pulled it well we would see hell breaking lose. You see the same people you know have ether been to prison or currently on Felony Probation etc.  Ive even supervised a child molestor, had one working there for almost 2 years. We finally found out with the national preditor database went online. He was a good tech always came to work and did what ever I asked. One day he was gone and I was told and shown his Picture on the site.  That made me sick to my stomach and then I started to check people out, its online anyone can do it.  They are still working in the system as long as they stay with that Prime its ok I guess.  

Lets touch on the drug testing

Prime tells you go here and take a one time test, all you have to do is provide a pass, you have 4 months to take it and provide us the results.  I paid 35.00 and they mailed me the results. Not the Prime.  

Again this is a joke.  I know were are called Sub-contactors and all, isnt the point to test you on the spot with out warning and have the results directly sent to company? 

Whats to say I fail it, well take it again, and again..... Is this the same elsewhere I wanna know?
The guy testing me said he would never let a person from your company come into my house.  He was shocked and supprised, he told me more than half had to retake the test.  After I was Bs'ing that most techs had to come back a few times. 

Management

What happens with a manager thats fails a drug test, tells the VP hes gonna fail it.  Whats the company policey?  Dont do It again?  From what I know nothing. It only means they have something over your head.  These companies dont care, theres still techs smelling like weed getting there routes in the morning, techs getting there fix in parking lot so they can do there route, techs drinking at bars before there 6-8's, nothing is gonna change. 

This is CABL.com posting #270054. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbipS
Posted in reply to: Re: Background Checks for Subs, Employees and Owne by cablehawk 1
There are 0 replies to this message