Create your free account now! Sign up

9-11-01..I was one of the few in air to see the la

I was flying up to get back together with my GF and newborn son in Boston and drive back to FL .  I was living with my sister and her bf.  The night before I stayed up and drank alot knowing I was about to start a family.  Thinking of the commitment I was making.  I woke up at 6:00 nervous as hell. I needed a ride to the airport so I woke my sisters bf Jay up it was a short drive to TPA and right before we hit the bridge we need to cross we were joking a bit about the plane trip etc.  I made the comment I bet the planes gonna crash or someones gonna hijack the plane and some other stuff.  So I boarded the plane it was the smaller ones not the big jumbo ones.  I had a front row seat next to the door.  Behind me two rows back were to Arabic males. I was listening to them speak and they were talking about medical equipment.  Having been a buyer for a medical company I knew most of the terms they were using.  

I had my briefcase, flip flops, a pair of short's and shirt in it.  We planned to leave that night to drive back.  To my surprise I have an Utility Knife you know the ones we use, and my Smith n W Sig 9 "empty clip". In kept my Handgun in my brief case and made sure I took it out before I left for the airport but the I forgot the clip.  I noticed this after I got in the plane and I was looking through it for something to read etc.  She the flight went well, no stiff drinks that early. 

When we reached the NY skyline the pilot came on and told us to look to our left and I was on the other side of the plane right side.  I moved over the empty seat and took a peek.  Little did we know this was the last time anyone us was going to see this view again.  Right after we passed NY the BING BONG thing came on and the two flight women went into the cot pit.   Then the plane circled a few times not the normal deal I flew this a few times before.  We the plane land ed all hell broke lose in the Delta Term.  I only had my Briefcase no other stuff so I got out quick.  You know those mess doors they have in the malls, well a group or use had to hold one up so people could get by.  All the gates came down and police were everywhere.  My GF was driving around outside she was the one that told me what happened I will never forget. I sat on the couch at her house watching this happen over and over and over on the TV, thinking how lucky I was that it wasn't our plane, what would I do, what it those two were ones to.  What would I do.  Also I got in with a empty 9m clip and a razor knife.  WTF

Thought Id share this wit you guy's.

Skymiles and Ticket Stub

When ever Im feeling down and out I look at this and think well I might not be here right now.

Mike
This is CABL.com posting #269893. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbinh
There are 0 replies to this message