Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: unprofessional appearance

Just had a DirecTV contractor out to a home that we did. Unfortunately the home owner had the electrician run the phone and cable. (we pointed out all the problems he was going to have and asked if he wanted us to wire it correctly. Obviously he did not want to pay again to have it reworked. He ran one feed outside even though he knew that the customer was going with satellite.

We gave the customer a heads up to tell them to bring a swim setup to make it easier on the installer, which they did bring. We get a call saying that the installer is going to have to charge them extra money to figure out what lines he has to use in the attic (these are pre-ran and just need to be connected)! He told them that he was going to put the dish in the front yard of a $1.5 mil home. They went off on his ass. I told him to wait I was on my way. I get there and he has an old speaker toner being held together with electrical tape. I use my wand toner and and trace the lines out in about 3 min. Show him where to put the dish in the back yard where the trench was already dug. He then bitched about have to run the line to the house and tuck it to the access point.

At the end of the install he did not gorund the dish. Has no service loop outside. He pulled the line at tight as he could barreled it, wrapped it with electrical tape (no weather seals), and had it set up vertical to catch all of the rain. He did not even set up any of the boxes. He brought them inside and we had to set them up for him.

We told the customer to call DirecTV about his attitude and lack of service. I don't think they will care but I sure hope that they send someone out to QC his ass.
This is CABL.com posting #269665. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbijB
Posted in reply to: Re: unprofessional appearance by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: unprofessional appearance wallfishman 9/10/2009 12:49:31 PM