Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: President Barack Obama Back to School Event

George H. Bush (HW???) 1991

Ronald Reagan 1988

This was info was even in the national nightly news tonight...As for the 'lesson plan' it was merely suggestions but certainly not mandated...But even with that all it was was a bunch of suggestions to get kids to keep what was said in mind and see how they interpreted it as there were no right or wrong 'answers'...

I have no doubt that the speech was altered from the original as the white house admitted there were some things that were not worded quite correctly...To the best of my knowledge the 'lesson plan' was not 'recinded'...

I listened to the speech on the radio and thought nothing was wrong but 1 thing and I will start a new topic on that shortly...It flew right past most everyone but i caught it and am a little upset about it...As a whole however I believe the speech was appropriate...

All this being said my childs school did not air or view the speech...At least not yet as everything was hectic enough as it was being the first day in a newly built school which was attention consuming enough...

Anyhow Bush & Reagan both made national speeches to our school children and Obama kept politics out of it while Reagan did not...But nobody bitched and moaned about his conservative laced speech...Yes I voted for Reagan  and no I did not vote for Obama...

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #269390. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbifa
Posted in reply to: Re: President Barack Obama Back to School Event by superlinedog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: President Barack Obama Back to School Event superlinedog 9/8/2009 9:47:20 PM