Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Oppiste thoughts

i have been in the business since 1962, aerial, ug, catv, water, gas, elect., sewer, etc. i have worked multiple locations in 44 states. i only say this to note my qualifications in the industry. to build any plant in a profitable way you must have a few unbreakable rules or all parties involved will be destined for failure in your project. as a prime you should adher to your promice to pay schedule at all costs, the habit of  (you get paid when i do does not qualify you as a prime contractor). if you have to factor monies to pay on time then you should carry the cost yourself. i say this as being a prime sometimes, and as being a sub sometimes. you need to have splicing within two weeks of your aerial and ug construction an do all you can by power supply so you can release retainage within 6 weeks of invoice and on a weekly basis. as a sub you should demand a rideout of your invoiced area with the prime and the primes customer. this prevents slow pay, no pay, and many arguments. this should be done with invoice in hand and receive a signed copy. this helps both parties by plant being constructed in proper order and it completed with cleanup not an issue. you need locates on time and material on hand for all crews. i wont sign a contract if it dosnt make sence. most are not over 10 pages plus pay scales for all items. if the prime does his job then he has a right to the best crews in the business,this means going out of your way to keep his customer base happy. if you have a compliant then go through the chain of command and do it with a professional attitude and both parties will have a profitable project and get back to enjoyin this great work. PS if this dosnt work then whip some ass. have the big one line up and the lttle one get in bunches, turn the place upside down and shake them out like salt and pepper. sorry, thinking about good old days. semper fi dogs.
This is CABL.com posting #269170. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbibC
Posted in reply to: Oppiste thoughts by 3WGInstallations
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Oppiste thoughts cabledog 9/7/2009 4:47:07 PM