Create your free account now! Sign up

Van Jones

Here is a clip of a story about Van Jone, the green jobs czar, there is a link to the whole story at the end:

On Fox News, Glenn Beck has raised the question of who “vetted” Van Jones for a job and whether the FBI was bypassed. This is a legitimate area of inquiry. But if Beck’s show is forced off the air, because of advertiser pressure, Jones and his patrons in the White House will have won. And freedom of information and transparency in government will be the losers.

I haven’t reported the answers to my queries until now. But since Glenn Beck’s show could rise or fall, depending on the outcome of his battle with Jones, I believe what is known, or is not known, should now be put on the record. It is clear that Beck is on the right track and he deserves enormous credit for tackling this important story. It may be as important as the Frank Marshall Davis scandal.

What remains to be determined is what personal relationship, if any, there is between Jones and Obama. If Obama didn’t select him for a post in the administration, who did?

I began this quest, after Trevor Loudon and World Net Daily ran their stories, with telephone calls and emails to Van Jones himself, his assistant and the press representative for the CEQ. None of these calls or emails was returned.

The Start of the FOIA Requests

My first FOIA request, filed on April 15, consisted of the following:

“Under the Freedom of Information Act, I request immediate access to all documents, memoranda, emails, and information relating to the appointment of Van Jones to the White House Council on Environmental Quality as ‘Special Adviser for Green Jobs.’ The request should include all copies of any information, including a biography and CV, submitted in advance to the Obama Administration by Mr. Jones.”

On April 16, Edward A. Boling, General Counsel and Chief Freedom of Information Officer for the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), replied that “CEQ searched its records system and found none responsive to your request.” He added, “We suggest that you contact the White House Office of the Press Secretary.”

Doesn’t this seem strange? A group where someone works knows almost nothing about the person?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kincaid/cliff343.htm
This is CABL.com posting #268267. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhW3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Van Jones sab3r 9/2/2009 4:41:34 PM