Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Staple gun

In twenty + years in this industry I was told when I started YOU DO NOT USE A STAPLE GUN!! The main reason for this is because some where along the line you are going to put a staple through the cable. May not be on the job your doing now may not be on the next job but at sometime and place you will do it. When you do you just screwed the pooch. Even if you pull the staple the cables integrity has been compromised, so you have to splice it. But what kind of QC guy is going to pass a splice in a new drop? So you'll have to replace the drop at some point. If you don't see the staple then the leakage tech will find it (If your doing CATV) and if its a new service the paperwork will point to you and your staple gun. Using a staple gun is a lazy, half assed, hack way of securing coax. 

There are people that get paid good money to design clips, fittings, zip ties, and all manner of things so that the drop can be installed and securely attached neatly to what ever you need to attach it to, (without compromising the integrity of the cable)

Forgive this old man as I was taught this back when 330 MHz gear was the top of the line. Now that everyone is pushing 1GHz I'm sure that not putting staples through the coax is even more important. If a contractor or someone that works for me used a staple gun they would be replacing every job the used it on. If they continued to use it after that they would be gone, end of story.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #268253. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhWP
Posted in reply to: Re: Staple gun by tech!
There are 0 replies to this message