Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How to hang a really long arieal drop!

I hear ya Rex. I trained guys how to run drops for years and all I would say to them is watch carefully. I would have them put their ladder on the pole and when they got to the tap and were secure I would climb up the opposite side of the pole and walk them through it. But to get back to the subject. I worked in Dahlonega Ga. about 23 years ago and we would run RG-11 as far as  we could. Dahlonega is a very rural community in the foot hills of the Georgia mountains. About 50% of the residents lived more than 500 ft. off the road ( from the tap ). They wanted cable bad.  My company was hired to sale and install these "long drop" customers. We got paid to "survey" each job the day before the install. We would take a wheel and measure each drop. I remember one hillbilly waited a month for us to get a spool of RG-11  in long enough to run his drop {1400 ft). Thats right 1400 ft. I did everything I could to give him a decent picture. I changed the face plate on the tap to give him all the signal I could. The audio was great but the picture sucked but that hillbilly loved his "new fangled cable tv" but once again back to the post just get on the back side of the pole and pull like hell.
This is CABL.com posting #267260. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhGO
Posted in reply to: Re: How to hang a really long arieal drop! by Rex Jones
There are 0 replies to this message