Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How about a little transparancy? Lets Have it

How about this warning?

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed)
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Or shall we quote Lincoln,the reason I believe that he was assisnated,like Kennedy and Garfield, he dared to stand up to the money masters.

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, (and) more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe...corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed."

Another Lincoln quote,this one was very hard to find on the net? Hmmmmm.

"... (we) gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they have ever had - their own paper money to pay their own debts..."

Only found one reference to this quote after several minutes of searching the Jefferson quote is also rather hard to find in the usual places. The link where I found the Lincoln quote is rather interesting.http://www.trosch.org/law/fed-paper-money.html
This is CABL.com posting #266626. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhwA
There is 1 reply to this message