Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Stimulus...have any of you benefited?

I am no better or worse financially. The only real change that I have seen or felt is the tightening of the belts so to speak that companies are doing. I see the same amount of work (if not more) being done by less people. Jobs are not being refilled. Old trucks are not being replaced. Overtime is being slashed. The list goes on. I suppose from a corp standpoint these are things that should have been looked at long ago. Those types of things make sense to me. I get that. The thing I find disturbing is this new corp attitude of we should feel lucky that they employ us. To some extent this is true, however there was a time when employees that came to work everyday, did a good job, and excelled at their craft were made to feel important. The company was glad you worked for them. They were glad to have a professional come to work everyday and not work for the competitor.  It seems that they have used this opportunity to close ranks on the corp level to insure that their pockets are not affected at the expense of those that do the very work that lines those pockets. These are the effects of the stimulus that I can see and feel.
This is CABL.com posting #266293. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhrd
Posted in reply to: Re: Stimulus...have any of you benefited? by goodsky
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Stimulus...have any of you benefited? MikeEd 8/21/2009 1:05:46 AM