Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Co Ops

It sounds like these people are really going to have to re-examine their plan. It is good. If they can come up with something that isn't a government take over or a penalty for those of us happy with our existing plans or taxing those of us that have plans to pay for people who don't, then I am for it.
I think the biggest thing that needs to be done is to overhaul the way they look at and prosecute fraud in the health care industry as well as rein in out of control costs. Part of that would include the lawsuits that cause the doctors' malpractice insurance to be so high. It drives up costs as well. I am not saying there is never a reason to have a lawsuit, i.e. you get the wrong kidney or leg taken off. That is justifiably a lawsuit. But there are things that people sue for that are frivolous and don't deserve a lawsuit.
But the real problem is people like Rahm Emanuel, he doesn't care what the people want. He is saying for the house to just vote the bill in as it is. Of course he was the worst thing that Obama has in his cabinet. I am thinking Obama is learning and maybe he can fix things IF he can get rid of people like Emanuel. Some of Obama's actions lately are making me wonder if he won't start to come to the middle a little. I will wait and see. I could support him more if he were to compromise more and on this, now that it has taken some time and not been ramrodded through, he seems to be trying a little harder to please both sides of the issue. I was going to copy the story but my reply has gone long so I will paste the link instead.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/19/dems-difficulty-getting-health-care/
This is CABL.com posting #265997. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhmr
Posted in reply to: Co Ops by JD42596
There are 0 replies to this message