Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: OK this is going way too Far

Just one more thing put into peoples heads to make them think they can't make it without the govmnt stepping in. When I was a kid my mom bought me 1 pair of pants, 1 shirt, a bag of socks, a bag of underwear, pencils, paper, rulers etc. each school year. If I wanted more than that, and I did,she told me to go out and earn it.  I started working at age 11. Whether it was a paper route, mowing lawns, raking leaves, collecting returnable bottles or anything else I could find. THAT was an invaluable lesson and maybe more of an education than what the schools gave us. And no govmnt money had to support us even though mom made 3.50/hr as a nurse and the rent was 325/mo. She would never have accepted it and I am a better person for it. Struggling a little bit in life isn't always a bad thing.        I guess to be fair I should say it's nice of Soros to do what he did but no kid will learn anything by cashing a check from the govmnt it will only lead to further expectations from the people who recieve this benefit. Ya know the whole give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.......
This is CABL.com posting #265664. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhg4
Posted in reply to: OK this is going way too Far by thetyrone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: OK this is going way too Far LocoDawg 8/17/2009 9:50:00 PM
Re: OK this is going way too Far thetyrone 8/17/2009 5:42:44 PM