Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: unprofessional appearance

first off everything we do is exactly what Directv tells us to do. They provide us a sheet of custom charges that we are to charge customers for. Stuff that is not included in the FREE installation. Pole mounts are 75 dollars in the area i work, wallfish 49 dollars etc. Its nothing shady its what they tell us to charge them. we are contractors we have to buy the pole and concrete out of our pocket. If you have a pole laying there when i get there i would knock off 10 bucks because that is what they cost me. Now if you  have a pole already INSTALLED , hole dug, concrete set, then i would do the rest for free. Pole mounts have been being charged for for years, did not think this was new news. If you live in a house its not an issue, we are allowed by you to do whatever is necessary. Also if you know how to intelligently talk to someone on the phone Ive seen many times people call Directv and they credit their account the 75 dollars so they end up getting it FREE. Its not a big money maker, id rather not do them at all.
     And to the cable guy has nothing to do with me needing more money. When you go do what is supposed to be a 1 set reconnect and you get there and the customer says No i want 4 outlets all run thru the attic and fished down walls, dont even pretend you just break out the wire and do whatever the customer wants without billing the customer for it. Ive done the cable game all my life before this stupid job.
This is CABL.com posting #265355. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhb5
Posted in reply to: Re: unprofessional appearance by tech!
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: unprofessional appearance tech! 8/16/2009 4:17:04 AM